Born in Cluj,
Romania in 1955.
Started painting at early age.
Studied painting with Laszlo Toth and art history with Ervin Ditroi.
Emigrated to Israel with his parents, finished high school and served
in Israeli army.
Studied painting in the Accademia Di Belle Arti in Florence with Trovarelli
between 1977 and 1982.
Settled in Zurich, Switzerland in 1983, married and had a child in 1986.
- 1994: 39 Binz, Zürich; Pennarz Gallery (Alte Schule) Gundamsried; Pfaffenhofen (Deutschland)
- 1996: Gallery Stubnitz Kontor, Zürich
- 1997: AllMedia Productions, Zürich
- 1998: Hewlett Gallery, College of Fine Arts, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh (USA)
- 2003: The Frick Art & Historical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA)
- 2004: Hongrois Institut de Paris, Paris
- 2004: Dorottya Gallery (Ernst Museum), Budapest (Ungarn)
- 2005: Lebewohlfabrik, Zürich
- 2006/2007: Yeshiva University Museum, New York City (USA)
- 2007: Cooperativo, Zürich
- 2008: Galerie Hauptmann und Kampa, Zürich
e-mail: Valentin Lustig
Information about Mr. Lustig's work:
Balas, Professor of Art History, Carnegie Mellon University and Research
Associate, University of Pittsburgh.
136 Beechwood Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, Ph: (412) 361-0790
Mellon University, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Baker Hall
A60J, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890, Ph: (412) 268-2411
The Lustig Code, The Jewish Week, 6/2/06
Book by Urs Widmer: Valentin Lustigs Pilgerreise and a translated recension, 2008
Book by V. Lustig: Piramida lui Mulgăreanu, in Rumanian, 1989, also in Hungarian: A Hadnagy Elvtars Piramisa
Gogea's Blog about Lustig's painting "Capitan Nemo's Harem"
Tageblatt Zurich Aug.22, 2018